Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It is that time of year again - the time one updates all ones profiles in Tutor Registers for the new year. I have a very conservative approach to this - I have used the same form of words for years, because it tells the truth, and works!
  And yet this year I have added a new paragraph, which reflects the change in GCSE maths. The exam is now more about english than maths. It is a reading exam, and I spent a lot of last year thinking about how one reads questions the often tortured prose maths GCSE and A level is written in (which is ironic as I am very badly dyslexic-  but hey that make me very good at thinking about ways to read of problem). The importance of this cannot be over emphasised - the difference between an A and a B grade isa  difference in ones ability to read the question!
 My profiles have therefore all been updated to make this point....

No comments:

Post a Comment