Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Here we go!
 it is that time of year - the one that I always dread most. It is the day that I will contact all tuitions from last year and find out how they did, and arrange for tuitions for this year, if they still need them.
  I dread it on so many levels. Firstly it is simply the case that I do not know as yet how busy I am next week, in some years the start has been so slow, while in other years I have started with such a bang, it is not true..... So who knows? Secondly I always want my pupils to do their very best - and teach them to do that, and so actually finding my out results is as nerve wracking as if they were my own results, and this my GCSE year,,,. I actually dread knowing-  though i must know.... Finally I guess it is natural to fear the kind of phone call you do not know the result of even as you make it. I mean no one has ever been nasty-  in fact usually the calls the nicest I make all year. People are often happy to hear from me, and curious about the summer - and that is wonderful, but  never assume it is the case, I am just a maths teacher after all!

And yet I still the fear calls. So think of me, and all other tutors today and tomorrow, andkeepyour fingers cross....

No comments:

Post a Comment